In the event of bad weather or emergency conditions, it is Saint Augustine of Canterbury School’s policy that the school will remain open unless a decision is made by South Brunswick Township to delay the opening of schools or to close for the day.
If schools remain open, parents are to send their children to school at their discretion, depending on weather and driving conditions. All staff members are expected to report to work as usual.If there is a delayed opening or closing before the start of the school day, an announcement will be made on the following:
- The school offers Honeywell communication about emergency closings or delays to subscribers. Other important notifications that call for parents/guardians to take action (i.e. school evacuation because of a power outage) may also be sent to subscribers of the Honeywell communication system, if deemed necessary by the Administration.
- Radio Stations: Notification is broadcast by local radio stations WCTC (1450 AM), WHWH (1350 AM), WMGQ (98.3 FM) and WPST (94.5 FM) between 6 and 8:30 a.m.
- Log on WCTC website for information
- TV Stations: Notification is broadcast on Comcast Cable Channel 28 (Viking Television Network), Channel 4 (NBC) and Channel 7 (ABC). Saint Augustine School follows South Brunswick School Closing/Delayed Openings
- Website/Emergency E-mail
A scrolling banner, located on the Home Page of the school, http://www.staugustinenj.org/school, will also be updated with emergency information
- Automated Message: The voice message at the Office (732) 297-6042 will be updated to reflect the current status of the District in an emergency. Please do not call the Transportation Department and/or township police for information.
School office telephones will NOT be staffed until the usual or delayed hour. If schools are closed during the day, Saint Augustine of Canterbury School programs, and building use activities will be cancelled that night.
Delayed Opening Schedule: When the school operates under a 90-minute delay, bus pick-ups will be 90 minutes later than normal pick-up times